A comprehensive guide of the dos and don'ts of equine nutrition--featuring a full-color pull-out chart.
About the Book
A primary concern of all horse owners and caregivers is that their animals receive the proper feed and in the correct amounts. In seeking information about these matters, it’s easy for owners and caregivers to be lured in—and often misled—by advertisements and endorsements for vitamins, alternative medicines, and other supplementary products.
Noted equine nutritionist Lisa Preston offers solid and sensible guidance in these and other areas in her wide-reaching Ultimate Guide to Horse Feed, Supplements, and Nutrition. Among the topics she covers are:
• Formulating a correct dietary routine for your horse, pony, or mule based on such considerations as breed, age, and size, as well as locale, climate, and the activities in which they take part
• Understanding the horse’s digestive system and related organs and the effects of various feeds on them
• Feed-related diseases and other ailments: their causes, prevention, and treatment
• The use and misuse of vitamins and other supplements
• Understanding your veterinarian’s diagnoses, tests, and treatments
• And much more
Thoroughly researched using the latest scientific data and featuring dozens of tables, charts, and illustrations, The Ultimate Guide to Horse Feed, Supplements, and Nutrition belongs on the shelf of every horse owner.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."