Our book club got to talking about favorite authors and one thing led to another and we started sharing: What would you ask your favorite author?
1. Where do you get your ideas?
2. Why this book? Why these characters? Why this place?
3. Did the story mean anything to you personally?
4. How did it feel to write that story while you were writing it? Did it jar memories or make you wish for something?
5. When I read your story it made me think of new things and stuff. Does that happen when you write it?
6. Who was her favorite hero, heroine?
7. When can I buy your next one? What is going to be about?
8. Will you come and give my husband a few pointers?We started talking about husbands then.
The Anonymous Reader
Hello authors, this is The Reader. So, what have you written for me
this month? Let me tell you a secret. There is a reader out there,
probably me, who is waiting for your next book. Maybe I can’t
remember youf name, I can’t ask for you, but when I see it…yeah. And
I’m looking for a book to scratch that itch that I just can’t reach
with any other book. The one that says it just a little bit different.
Sometimes, I think I’m forgotten. Oh, I know authors are out there
trawling the internet for me. But frankly that makes me feel like a
shrimp. I don’t mean to dis you, or the whole idea of advertising and
reaching out and so on. I just like the idea that someone is writing
just for me. Me. Lonely. Tired. Wanting to know what it feels like to
be beautiful, desired. Today, experiencing a win, a thrill after the
cat threw up all over the new carpet, and I lost the file at work and
missed a deadline. You know – just make me feel good.
Do you ever think about me?
A Slice of Orange is an affiliate with some of the booksellers listed on this website, including Barnes & Nobel, Books A Million, iBooks, Kobo, and Smashwords. This means A Slice of Orange may earn a small advertising fee from sales made through the links used on this website. There are reminders of these affiliate links on the pages for individual books.
Bungalow Books comes with more than Cate Wagner bargained for.More info →
How can you know where you're going if you can't remember where you've been?More info →
He doesn’t need a minor goddess getting in his way—no matter how much the redhead tempts him.More info →