There is a movement in the blogging community called Thursday Thirteen (google it). Many writers blog these days, and we often run out of things to say. Well Thursday Thirteen celebrates this kind of blog fear. Pick a topic from apples to zebras and write 13 things. That’s it. And it turns out the process is strangely revealing. I recently did this for my blog on Valentine’s Day as a Singleton it was fun! So in the spirit of learning more about ourselves here’s my OCCRWA
13. I joined OCC in 2005.
12. At my first meeting there was a sign that said OCC members had published something like 1700 books cumulatively. I remember thinking Holy COW!
11. It turns out that four of our members have published over 100 books. One has published over 200. We call them the 100+ club.
10. Although I love their books and am very proud of them I don’t have the intense need to wrap myself around any of these four women like a vine and cling.
9. I think this might be because none of them look like David Beckham.
8. Yes, I was quite delighted to hear that David and his family were moving to Los Angeles.
7. Unfortunately, despite my interest (and his wife’s diminutive size) I’m pretty sure I won’t be wrapping myself around David either.
6. You can tell Mrs. Becks is scrappy and her spike heels freak me out. (I’m a flip flops kind of gal).
5. So after nearly 3 years at OCC what have I learned?
4. Writers often go off on tangents
3. We love research particularly in the form of man candy. (You always need to keep the next story in mind, right? *innocent face*)
2. Never separate a writer from her chocolate.
1. Or her caffeine.
Oh we’re at almost 2K now, Kaige. I think we’re all book junkies.
And hi RG! THanks for stopping by!
The 1,100 remaining for the other members is pretty impressive too!
To quote Homer, “Mmmmmm… chocolate.”
Truer words…Chocolate, man candy and caffiene. The three constants.
See Gwen, this is why we’re friends. LOL.
Very wise. Very wise.
*strolls away in flip-flops, eating chocolate, drinking Red Bull and fantasizing about mancandy*
LOL, I have learned a lot! Thanks everyone for dropping by.
And thanks a lot for making me crave chocolate-flavored coffee. That’s probably a habit I shouldn’t risk picking up!
This comment has been removed by the author.
All I will say is wow for some of these and yup I agree Coffee is a must…
Definitely need chocolate – especially when wandering off on a tangent. *g*
Amen on the last two!!!! Looks like you’ve learned a ton.
Yes to the chocolate! Gotta have it when I write or edit!
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
Okay, you have my attention. 🙂 And for a soft-spoken guy, he doesn’t take crap from anyone on the field. I love it!
Although, he looked a little frustrated during the Galaxy-Osaka match yesterday at the Aloha Bowl…
Wait. Did someone say something about tangents?
Tangents? What tangents?
Coffee and Chocolate… yup, that about covers it lol Happy T13!
Coffee is a necessity. Whoever invented it is a god.
*LOL* Oh, I hear ya on #1 and #2. Happy T13!
Must get coffee…or chocolate…or chocolate flavored coffee.
Yanno, Ms. Becks is the guest judge for the finale of Project Runway this year. (I’m a Bravo junkie.)
You’re absolutely right. Never separate a writer from her chocolate. Mine is calling me right now.
LOL – I’m frightened of Mrs. Beck’s heels as well. and yes, I get very tetchy when separated from chocolate and coffee!
Comments are closed.