After debating topics for my first OCC blog with some friends, I decided the icebreaker Iâ€™m using today in my New Hire Seminar at work would be a fun one to use as a blog icebreaker, too. I figure it’s the best way to learn a little about me, and a way for me to learn about you. And letâ€™s be honest, I think the rest of the bloggers have the topic of writing well covered!
My favorite icebreaker is Two Truths and a Lie. For a first meeting with strangers getting to know each other in a lighthearted way helps â€œbreak the iceâ€ and you’d be surprised at some of the things I’ve learned about my co-workers!
Here’s how you play. Each person tells two truths and one lie about themselves, then everyone else has to guess which is the lie. The key is to make the truths as outrageous as the lie. The most fun comes in explaining the truths. So, here are my two truths and a lie. Good luck at figuring out the lie. Check this blog entry at the end of the day and I’ll let you know which is which. Feel free to comment with two truths and a lie of your own!
1. Iâ€™ve been thrown 10 feet by a bolt of lightening
2. I visited the Temple of Apollo at Delphi
3. I jumped off the top of a waterfall in Jamaica
Have a great week!
I’m coming in late, but I would guess you’ve never been struck by lightning. Haven’t seen any burn marks on you. 🙂
I know the answer to Feisty’s! LOL
I thought it was White Snake…LOL
The lead singer from RATT signed my breast.
I had to use an outhouse for many years because we had no plumbing.
I got married to a man when I was 19 because of his Camaro.
HA! too funny! Totally busted me. Nope, I’m terrified of heights and that roller coaster would kill me. Can do them, but not THAT one! LOL
I’m Greek and have been to Greece over 40 times! Why is everyone guessing Delphi? LOL I’ve been to 38 islands already (which is true). So I guess I’ve been busted early! I used mine today and everyone thought it was the lightening one. But, they knew I was Greek.
Nina – I write the romance novels. You just read them!
Lucinda – I have to say based on the other comments the lie would be the cheerleading.
Natasha – Surfing maybe? I wish I knew where you lived! Are there women in B’shop quartets?
katie – I’d say skinny-dipping. Its a long shot but I do know a couple that did honeymoon in the Galapagos so its possible…Hmmm
Diana – roller coaster based on others comments.
Crystal – I think its the deter graverobbers.
Jennifer’s – never worked in a bookstore
Jennah – you didn’t say the top of mt kilamanjaro…so you could have gone a reasonable way…if its not that its oranges and chocolate. You didn’t make it out of the hotel room did you! LOL
How fun! I’ll go with the travel theme too!
1) I climbed to the top of the leaning tower of Pisa before they closed it down
2) I’ve been under Igazu falls in Argentina in a speedboat
3) I’ve rubbed the Blarney Stone in Ireland
These are great. I think you haven’t been to Delphi, too. Here’s mine:
1) I’ve parasailed 1000 ft in the air
2) I survived solely on oranges and chocolate bars for a week in France
3) I climbed Mount Kilamanjaro
Jennifer, I bet you’ve never worked in a bookstore… Crystal, I bet you DO have a genius IQ level… Diana, I just can’t see you on that roller coaster!… *snort* Lucinda, it was the Lakers wasn’t it????…
I’m guessing you’ve never been to Delphi, Ellenie.
Crystal, I don’t think you have a genius level IQ. LOL.
1. I’ve been to St. Stephen’s Church in Vienna
2. I was a singer in a Christian rock band
3. I’ve worked in a bookstore.
1. I have a genius level IQ
2. I lost a bet and had to streak through a church parking lot
3. I’ve patrolled through graveyards at night to stop grave-robbing and vandalism.
These are fun! um… Let’s seeeee..
1) I played on stage with a band one night.
2) I’ve ridden the rollercoaster on top of the Stratosphere.
3) I’ve snorkeled in Cozumel.
Okay mine are:
1. I honeymooned in the Galapagos islands
2. I’ve never skinny-dipped
3. I have a degree in geology
This is fun, Sabrina!
Hmmm, wish I’d done more outrageous things!
1. I rang in the New Year in Trafalgar Square.
2. I sang in a barbershop quartet.
3. I wiped out on a surfboard at Malibu.
1. I used to be a minister
2. I’m distantly related to royalty
3. I once tried out for the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.
1. I set a hotel room on fire.
2. I stowed away on a ship
3. I write romance novels
Comments are closed.