1. I took the full 30 days allotted after my campaign was over on April 27th (my book was selected 2 days later) to go over my bookbefore handing it in for copy edits. I found minor errorsâ€”punctuation, missing words, etc. I had to re-do some paragraphs, fix transposed sentences, develop a few things, and worked on my timeline and events from 1862-63 for 100% accuracy.
The m/s is 142,000 words, so you can see why it took me a month.
2. Soon after I received a phone call from the KS editorial staff. The editor said my m/s was â€œvery clean and the team loves LOVE ME FOREVER, itâ€™s solidly written, filled with intrigue, both romantic and non-romantic, and we love the story of two heroes and two heroines interconnected.â€
3. She also said they have a Civil War buff on staff who couldnâ€™t believe the layering and historical information being so spot on. He loves my book. Needless to say, Iâ€™m thrilled.
4. I get my book back from the copy editor around June 29th with any suggestions the staff has (style changes, anything I missed, etc.). I then have one week to accept the changes (using Track Changes)
5. My book goes on pre-order on Monday, July 13, 2015. Everyone who nominated my book should get a link at that time where you can download your free advance copy.
Unbelievable how quickly things move. Three months after the campaign ended, LOVE ME FOREVER will be on sale!
7.I received the $1,500 advanceâ€”digitally wired to my bank account. It takes a while to fill out the payee forms since you have to do one for each country, but otherwise, itâ€™s a very smooth process.
8. The Kindle Press editor also indicated my book would be eligible for Amazon promotions a month or so after its release. Wow, now that is cool. Iâ€™ll be busting my butt with promo to make my book look good.
Whatâ€™s next? Iâ€™m writing a sequel to LOVE ME FOREVER. To be honest with you, I couldnâ€™t let this family goâ€¦I have to know what happens afterward down the line, so why not follow a family through the decades who just happens to time travel? A new heroineâ€¦a sexy new heroâ€¦and a whole new time travel adventure in a different era.
I donâ€™t want to give anything away, so Iâ€™ll just say: â€œTime Travel…itâ€™s the family business.â€
Before I go, I want to say the Kindle Scout program has been an amazing Cinderella experience for me. If you’re an author and you’re wondering if you should try it, I hope my posts will help you make your decision. The KS team is awesome…the other authors are like old friends. If you’re a reader, please nominate the books you’d love to see published. You’ll receive a free advance copy if it’s selected.
So I’ll say au revoir…auf wiedersehen…arrivederci…till next month when Iâ€™ll have a new update for you.
And in case youâ€™re wondering about the graphic in todayâ€™s post, the hunky guy and the luxury castle arenâ€™t part of the deal, but hey, thatâ€™s the stuff dreams are made ofâ€¦